Monday 22 February 2016

A Sneak Peek Of Some Future Book Reviews


It's getting towards the end of another month which can only mean one thing...Amazon book haul! You know how it goes, despite beginning your search with the best of intentions you soon have a basket filled with books you hadn't planned on buying.

This month I had convinced myself that I was going to buy some non fiction books to help research for the novel I keep trying to write. I would possibly also treat myself to one or two fiction books which I could review alongside some books I already own.
As you can see, I didn't quite keep my promise to myself. I still don't think I have done too badly, 6 books isn't the end of the world and I did still order the non fiction books in addition.

To be fair, I am pretty sure that 'On Writing' can be moved into the research pile. After all it is partly a book about writing from one of the masters, so I can forgive myself that one. Plus you can't really buy a non fiction Steven King book and not buy a fiction effort as well. It just wouldn't be right so I guess 'Mr Mercedes' was a necessary purchase as well.

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage is a Japanese Translation. They always say that you should constantly broaden your horizons and experience other cultures. I'm fairly confident that this fits the bill so I am also confident that I can forgive myself this purchase as well.

I guess that leaves just the three books which I have splurged on. They were on offer though. 3 books for £10 is a great deal, you can't pass that up! So really I had to buy them. I simply had no choice I'm afraid.

All in all that means I have bought 6 totally necessary books. I'm really proud of myself for managing to buy only books that I really needed this month.
How about you? Have you behaved yourself and shown such restraint when book shopping this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment